This policy explains how we handle personal information and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
Unless we obtain your written consent, we will not sell, disclose, licence or rent your personal information to a third party for that third party’s marketing purposes.
We provide the Our Family Village website, http://www.ourfamilyvillage.com, the Our Family Village social media pages, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, and the Our Family Village device application (herein collectively referred to as “Application”) that intends to allow for improved communication between parents, carers, guardians of a family unit. The Application will allow its users to share personal information including sensitive or health information with other users. For this purpose, we will store personal information that you upload to the Application, which may include information about you, other users or members of your family unit. The amount of personal information that you choose to upload onto the Application is entirely at your discretion.
In the event that we are using, collecting or storing personal, sensitive or health information outside of the jurisdiction of Australia, we will comply with the privacy laws applicable to that jurisdiction.
“Personal Information” means information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person and includes your information. Information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific user is not personal information. Personal Information may include sensitive information, particularly Health Information.
“Sensitive information” may include your opinion or information regarding your racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinion, religious beliefs or criminal record.
“Health Information” means personal information or an opinion about your health, including an illness, disability or injury, (at any time), your expressed wishes about the future provision of health services to be provided to you, a health service provided or to be provided, or other personal information collected to provide, or in providing, a health service to you, in connection with the donation, or intended donation, by an individual of his or her body, or genetic information about you in a form that is, or could be, predictive of the health of the individual or a genetic relative of the individual.
“You”, “your”, “yours” includes, where the patient is under 18 years of age, includes any parent or legal guardian of the patient.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you upload information on the Application;
What Personal Information We Collect
- Your name, phone number, email address, physical address and other contact information;
- Financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
Information relating to your health care including doctor’s reports, imaging reports, dental records.
- Personal information based on your activities on the Application;
- Your geographical location data, including real-time location. We may collect your location, including real time location, from your device if you accept the option to share your location data with the Application;
- Information about medical treatments.
- To the extent permitted by law, other personal information, including health information provided by or obtained from third parties;
additional personal information we ask you to provide to verify your identity or when we suspect that you are in breach of our Terms and Conditions, this
- personal information from your interaction with the Application and its content and advertising, including device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Application, mobile network information, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address and standard web log data.
How personal information is used
Our principal purpose in collecting, using and storing your personal information is to provide you with the ability to share these easily and quickly with other Application users. You consent to us collecting, using, storing and sharing your personal information to:
- respond to your requests or queries;
- notify you about changes to our Application and related services;
verify your identity;
for administrative purposes, including processing payment transactions where necessary;
- supply you with generalised, targeted or personalised marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications based on your preferences;
research, develop and improve our Application and related services; and
- technical maintenance.
If you do not provide us with the personal information we have requested, we may not be able to complete or fulfil the purpose for which such information was collected, including providing you with the Application and related services.
The types of third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information include:
- To our services providers who assist us to provide its services such as information technology providers (including in relation to fee collection, fraud investigations and Application operations);
- To comply with any applicable law, request by a governmental agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- To report to, or otherwise notify, the facility that is responsible for your care and, where applicable, any other legal guardian or carer responsible for your safety, health and wellbeing;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
- To our directors, staff, contractors, professional advisers and related entities;
To third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us sending, your personal information;
- To credit agencies (including regarding missed and late payments or other defaults or breaches on your account); or
Links – Social Media and other third party websites or applications
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or government agencies or the content of websites or applications that are linked to our Website and Application.
We encourage users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website or application that collects personally identifiable information.
Storage and security
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the financial and personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Security is of paramount importance.
Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
We also require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user’s personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk.
You also may encounter Cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of the Application that we do not control and have not authorised (such as webpages created by another user). We are not responsible nor liable for the use of such Cookies.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
You are prohibited from engaging in spam, spyware or spoofing type activities, regardless of whether directed towards us or other users of us.
Accessing and amending your personal information
We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers and Application users.
If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect or out of date, you may contact us at email@example.com to have the information corrected.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
You may opt out of receiving our newsletter, marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications by communicating this to us in writing at the email address below.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons).
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to email@example.com. We take complaints very seriously and will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Legislation.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Mail: PO Box 335 MOONEE PONDS VIC 3039